Thursday, March 17, 2011

Another trip to the cemetery

As the weather is finally turning better, I look forward to getting back in the "field" to find more headstones and names.

I did visit Evergreen Cemetery again this morning and found about a dozen more headstones. One was not the traditional Union military stone, but a more "normal" headstone that I just happened to glimpse the "GAR" on it as I passed it.

Of the ones I found, only one is giving me problems trying to figure out the name. It may be Webber Nebber, Nebres or something like that. I'll continue to look over my photo as well as an Ohio soldier's database to try to figure out this Corporal's name.

The next step, of course, will be trying to find obituaries or other stories on these men, but I may try to make another cemetery trip tomorrow if the rain stays away.

It's good to get back out and do some research again. Evergreen is quite hilly, but a little exercise does not hurt.

Hopefully I will be able to find some interesting stories for future entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment